How about a warm chocolate cupcake with a delicious surprise? Quick to make and bake, but just as tasty! Store in an airtight container to lock in the flavour and keep them all week long.
Total time: 35 minutes
Warm Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
- 150g caster sugar
- 150g self-raising flour (sieved)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 150g butter (soft)
- 3 medium eggs (lightly whisked)
- 200g dark cooking chocolate (cut into 12 chunks)
- Oven Temperature: 350ºF – 180ºC – Gas Mark 4 – Moderate
- Sieve all dry ingredient and place all the ingredients (except for dark chocolate) into a large bowl and beat for 5 minutes, alternatively place into a food mixer and beat for 3 minutes
- Place 12 cupcake cases into the patty tin
- Using a spoon or an ice cream scoop fill cases about 1/2 full
- Place a chocolate square on top of mixture in the cake cases
- Fill the cake cases with the rest of the cake mixture
- Place the cupcakes into the preheated oven for approx. 20 minutes
- Remove and serve immediately dusted with icing sugar. Alternatively leave to cool and decorate with fresh cream or butter icing.
- Decorate as desired.
- These cakes can be served as a dessert with warm chocolate ganache.
There you have it! Delicious warm chocolate cupcakes. The fun doesn’t stop there, though! Check out the rest of our MyFamilyClub Budget Baking series for great ideas for snacks, treats, and desserts:
- Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake
- Raspberry Swiss Roll
- Victoria Sandwich
- New York Cheesecake
- Light And Fluffy Cupcakes
If your sweet tooth still isn’t satisfied give these awesome recipes a try:
5 Horror-Inspired Cakes and Biscuits That Your Kids Will Love
9 Naughty Nutella Recipes You Will Love
6 Moorish Mug Cake Recipes You Can Bake In Minutes
5 Alternative Pancake Recipes That You Simply Have To Try!
Five Fabulous Funfetti Recipes To Get Your Sprinkle On