Crunchier and healthier than the original crumble topping. I make double the amount of topping and store in a glass jar for a quick dessert in the middle of the week. Plums are in season between May – October.
Total time: 45 minutes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
- 450g plums (ripe)
- 6 tablespoon oatmeal, porridge oats
- 60g brown sugar (approx)
- 2 tablespoons brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped nuts
- Oven Temperature: 325ºF – 160ºC – Gas Mark 3 – Moderate
- Cut plums in half, remove stones, cut into quarters.
- Place plums in a saucepan with the 60 grms sugar and cinnamon. Add enough water to reach half way up the plums.
- Gently simmer for 10 – 15 minutes
- Mix the oats, sugar and nuts.
- Divide plums into 4 ramekin dishes. Top with oat mixture.
- Place the dishes on a baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown
- Serve warm as a dessert or cold for breakfast. Greek yoghurt or custard works well with this dish.