There’s nothing quite like curling up with a good book whether in your hand or in Audio form, life is all hustle and bustle these days and we all need a little ‘Me Time’ to unwind and escape from that daily juggle. Whether stuck in traffic, in the bath, on a beach, curled up on a sofa or cooking in the kitchen, books can be a wonderful, enlightening and educational companion as we navigate our busy lives.
We’ve some fascinating facts below about the wonderful world of books, whether digital or physical. We HEART Books!
- Did you know that a person who loves reading is called a ‘Bibliophile’.
- The smallest book in the Welsh National Library is Old King Cole. It measures 1mm x 1mm and the pages can only be turned with a needle.
- Only 2% of the 1.2 million different books sold in the US in 2004 sold more than 5,000 copies.
- Around £2.2 billion is spent on books in the UK each year. A fifth of this is spent on children’s books.
- Statistics gathered by the Publishers Association show estimates British readers spent £10million on audiobooks in 2014.
- Audible.co.uk has an extensive catalogue, with over 200,000 titles for millions of listeners in 160+ countries to enjoy.
From Frazzled to Fabulous: How to juggle a successful career, fatherhood, ‘me-time’ and looking good.
In this inspirational book drawn from the hugely popular Twitter and Facebook accounts, the Man Who Has It All helps men to nurture opinions of their own, make time to smile and choose between a career or baby. From Frazzled to Fabulous includes words of wisdom on everything from how to spend your ‘me time’ and get a grip on guilt to dressing in your wow colours and speaking in the right tone of voice at work.
It’s a must-have book for frazzled dads and high-flying men who are struggling to stay hydrated and get to the bottom of the ironing pile. Oh, and it’s for women who believe that men should be fully supported to have it all and, more importantly, do it all. Those women will love this book.
- Listen on the move with this fantastic offer by Audible.co.uk:
30-day free trial of our ‘1 Book Monthly’ Membership
– £7.99/month ‘1 Book Monthly’ Membership
– Access to over 200,000 titles to listen to anywhere, anytime
Audible.co.uk work with Award-Winning Actors such as Samuel L. Jackson, Claire Danes, Dustin Hoffman and Colin Firth to deliver best-in-class performances, providing an enhanced experience for listeners.
What a wonderful way to kick off Autumn and Winter season of 2016 than with a new book!