When faced with the task of preparing my niece and nephew’s lunch at the weekend it left me feeling completely uninspired. Boring sandwiches… Not the most exciting option!
So I decided to do a bit of my own research and find some more exciting lunches for the kids.
- Having stumbled upon this little gem of a blog a few weeks back it continues to amaze me. Lunchbox aweseome blog really is a visual masterpiece full of inspiring colourful ideas, from princess shaped sarnies, to packman ham, the kids will love it!
- Pippa from A Mothers Ramblings is also one to watch with her inventive lunchbox creations.
- A great tip is to try buttered pitta bread with hummus dip (this will be a winner with Pingle). Put the usual sandwich fillings in soft tortillas for a yummy healthy wrap.
- A warming winter option is soups and chowders , or warm baked beans with a wholemeal roll.
- This alternative lunch idea would definitely go well in this cold snap we’re having: a portion of bolognese with small pasta shapes makes it easy to eat, or try macaroni cheese for a change. For more ideas check out this article on packed lunch alternatives.
- A nice idea for a snack is yoghurt-coated raisins and pretzels; definitely preferable to chocolate and crisps – and they’ll go down well with your little customers, too!
- Having discovered some fab alternatives to your average lunch, I came across this article on lunch boxes you haven’t seen before. I love the Lego brick bento box idea!
- Or how about some of the MyFamilyClub team’s recipes, we’ve got some fun and easy to prepare lunch ideas including homemade muffin pizza faces.
What are your favourite lunch alternatives for the kids? Do you have any creative ideas to inspire me? Tweet @MyFamilyClub or email [email protected]