Designer kids’ clothes might seem like the ultimate indulgence – but if you’re willing to brave spaghetti sauce on the Baby Dior then there are ways to take your child’s wardrobe into the A-list. We show you how to dress little fashionistas for less…
Get big-brand discounts of up to 70% on designer kids’ clothes.
Online sale sections
Check out the online sale sections of children’s boutiques for end of line stock at less eye-watering prices.
Or if you’re looking for feasible Fendi or reasonable Ralph Lauren then try the sale sections of online designer kids’ clothes stores such as Kids Cavern or ChildrenSalon for top-end fashion often at half price.
If shopping is your ‘cardio’ then get the blood pumping at a sample sale. London’s sample sale scene is a fun way to check out the threads in person.
Junior Style holds regular three-day sales in north London, and best of all they’re child-friendly, with playpens, children’s entertainers and baby carriers to borrow as you browse.
Daily Candy gives details of other sales in the capital – Chelsea Town Hall holds a number throughout the year, with designer kids’ clothes going from as little as a few pounds.
Members’ only sales
If you’ve got a sharp shopping instinct then online members’ only clubs (you just have to register for free and you’re a member!) are a great option.
Sign up to sites such as Secret Sales, Brand Alley or Achica and you’ll get advance email notice of sales coming up on all sorts of luxe goods, including designer kids’ clothes, with substantial savings.
However, you have to be ready to shop the minute the sale opens online as stock sells out quickly and the sale window time is limited.
Half-Pint Chic is one of the best online sales for kids’ stuff, negotiating big-brand discounts of up to 70% on designer kids’ clothes.
Budget designer fashion on the high street
You can find a surprising number of good budget options for designer clothes on the high street. To make the good news better, most of the discounts are online with free in-store delivery and collection being the norm rather than the exception.
- On of our clear favourites is the online M&S Outlet store where you can pick up discounts on already discounted merchandise.
- From Tommy Hilfiger to Hackett, you can get up to 70% some the best designer brands for kids at John Lewis.
- If you’re just browsing through a local store then another favourite TK Maxx is a good place to find upmarket kids’ clothes at reduced prices. Deliveries arrive every day and every store carries different stock – keep an open mind and be prepared to rummage.
- Listing names like Rocha John Rocha, Julien Macdonald, Jasper Conran and Donna & Markus, the online kids’ section of Debenhams is a surprising find. Not only does it feature top-notch discounts but in the face of increasing competition they are now offering free standard delivery.
- Prices at Very might be a bit steeper than the others but you have the choice of paying back in instalments and at no interest.
eBay is a treasure trove of children’s clothes at knockdown prices. But you have to shop clever – beware of knock-offs and cheap replicas.
Deals and discounts
And finally, keep your eye on MyFamilyClub’s round-ups of all the best deals, vouchers and special offers available every week. We do the legwork for you so you don’t need to waste time searching for money off.
Simply check out our deals and discounts page for the week’s best discounts on kids’ clothes and shoes, as well as other items such as toys, books and household items.