For coloured Easter eggs with a cool marbled effect, all you need is:
Hard boiled eggs, food colouring, white vinegar, cooking oil, coffee mugs, paper towels and spoons.
- Add about 20 drops of the food colour you want to your mug. Add a tablespoon of vinegar and a tablespoon of oil.
- Add water deep enough to cover your eggs.
- Swirl the mixture with your spoon just before you put the egg in, because the oil and water will separate. Lower the egg quickly, lift it back out, and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Repeat this with other colours if you like. Make sure you pat dry each time.
- Dab some oil on a paper towel and rub it on your finished egg for a shiny look then leave to dry in the fridge.
These make gorgeous gifts.