Wax hearts make sweet valentines gifts or just look really pretty hung in a window.
You will need:
- Waxed paper
- Crayon shavings (adults can shave crayons with a scissors or knife)
- Hole punch
- Pretty ribbon
- Fold a piece of waxed paper in half. Draw half a heart with the center of the heart at the fold.
- Open the waxed paper and place it flat on your work surface.
- Sprinkle the crayon shavings on the waxed paper.
- Cover the waxed paper with an additional piece of waxed paper. Put a paper towel on top of the waxed paper (this will protect your iron), then have an adult iron the two layers of waxed paper together on low heat)
- Cut out the heart image Punch a hole near the top of your heart and thread a ribbon through the hole for hanging
Easy and so effective.