Not sure where to take the kids when you go to London? We asked 10-year-old Londoner Suki Da Silva for her tips on what to see in the capital…
I’m very lucky that I live in Soho so I get to see and do a lot in the City. I’ve listed 10 of my favourite day trips below. I’ve enjoyed every one of them so much that I’ve gone more than once.
1. Thames Clipper – Buy a day roamer and jump on and off the river ferries along the Thames.
2. Tower of London – One of my favourite places to visit. It’s so big it can take more than one trip to see it all, so make sure you arrive early.
3. London Eye – It has amazing views across London.
4. Theatre – I love going to the theatre and one of my favourite shows is Matilda, it’s great. Over the summer kids can go free so take the opportunity whilst you can.
5. Hyde Park – Roller skating through the park is great fun and you get to see all the professional skaters dance! Make sure you head towards The Serpentine restaurant by the lake, it’s a great cafe – it’s perfect if you need a break from skating. If you don’t like to skate you can hire a rowing boat. It’s great fun and its something I’m planning to do again for my birthday.
6. Southbank – The Southbank has got something for everyone – food stalls, music, amazing views from the bridge and a skaters park. I would recommend combining it with a trip to the London Eye or a walk to see Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre. Visit their website to see what plays they have coming up.
7. Sealife London Aquarium – If you want to see what a shark looks like close up then you should definitely come here. You can also get close up to the stingrays. It’s huge and there’s lots to see.
8. Chessington – I came here last summer for my best friend’s birthday, we had a great time, there’s lots of rides and a huge zoo.
9. Shopping Day Out – Go shopping down Oxford Street and stop off and have lunch in Covent Garden and watch the amazing street performers.
10. Emirates Cable Cars – I’ve gone on these twice now and I love it. They go so high and you can see right across London. We noticed when coming down there’s a new man made beach it’s amazing and funny to see.
If you are planning a day out in London, MyFamilyClub have gathered together the biggest and best discounts for everything from the London Eye to London Zoo in our London attractions for kids article.
To see what else Suki has discovered in London, visit her blog Suki Soho.