Easy and delicious, perfect for a quick lunch or dinner in the Winter months. Goes perfectly with broccoli, garlic cabbage and well, any vegetables really.
How many does it serve? 4
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 60 mins
What you need:
- Vegetable oil 2 tbsp Pork chipolatas
- 340g pack (12 sausages)
- Plain flour 110g
- (4oz) Eggs 2 medium
- Semi-skimmed milk 300ml (1?2 pint)
- Sage leaves 12 Onion 1, peeled and sliced into thin rings
- Steamed broccoli and gravy to serve (optional)
What you do:
- Spoon 1 tablespoon oil into a small roasting tin. Put in oven while it heats up to 220°C/200°fan/Gas 7. When oil is hot add sausages, shake tin and cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put flour, eggs and half the milk in a large jug. Use an electric hand whisk to make a thick batter with lots of bubbles. Stir in remaining milk with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Take roasting tin out, then quickly pour batter over sausages. Cook for 30-35 minutes until puffed up and crisp.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan, add sage leaves and fry for 30-45 seconds. Set aside. Add onion rings to pan, cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, then uncover and cook until browned. Scatter onion and sage over Toad-in-the-Hole and serve immediately with broccoli and gravy, if you like.
Recipe provided to MyFamilyClub by Cooks Diary