An oldie but a goodie! Bursting with succulent prawns, this take on a prawn cocktail is sure to leave you begging for more. We love the vodka twist. Boozy prawns? Yes, please. Buttered poppy seed bread on the side. Delish!
How many does it serve? 2-3
Cooking time: 20 minutes
What you need:
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp vodka
- 3 tsp tomato ketchup
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of Tabasco
- 1-2 tsp snipped fresh dill
- 1-2 heads little gem lettuce, shredded
- Flesh of 1 avocado
- 2 packs Wild Atlantic Prawns
- Lemon juice
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Cracked pink peppercorns
- 1 sprig of dill
What you do:
- Mix the mayonnaise, crème fraîche, vodka, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco to make a sauce.
- Stir in the dill and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, toss together lettuce and avocado.
- Defrost (if frozen), drain and pat dry the prawns, season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Layer salad, sauce and prawns in glasses and garnish with cracked pink peppercorns and dill.
- Serve with fresh poppy seed bread.
Recipe provided to MyFamilyClub by Donald Russell