Sweet, buttery corn on the cob, served with paprika potato wedgies and succulent chicken. A perfect meal for all the family. Throw a little soured cream into a dip bowl and your well on your way. Dip! Dip!
How many does it serve? 4
What is the prep time? 10 mins
What is the cooking time? 30 mins
What you need:
For the wedges:
- 2 tbsp. sunflower oil
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into thick wedges
- 4 sweetcorn cobettes or 2 whole sweetcorn, halved
- 15g butter
For the chicken:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 rashers smoked back bacon rasher
- 250ml bottle Newman’s Own Original Sticky BBQ Sauce
- 100g grated mature Cheddar cheese
What you do:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, Gas Mark 6.
- Mix together the oil, paprika and seasoning in a large bowl and add the potato wedges and turn to coat in the spice. Place a large sheet of foil on the worktop, add the sweetcorn. Place a little knob of butter on each and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Fold over the edges of the foil and seal to make a parcel.
- Place the potatoes on a large baking tray and sit the sweetcorn on the edge of the tray. Wrap each piece of chicken in 2 rashers bacon. Pour the sauce into the bottom of an ovenproof dish and place the chicken on top.
- Place the wedges and sweetcorn on the top shelf of the oven and the chicken on the middle shelf and cook for 10 minutes. Remove the potatoes, turn and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and sprinkle over the cheese. Place on the top shelf of the oven and move the wedges and sweetcorn to the middle shelf.
- Cook for a further 5-7 minutes until the cheese is golden brown and wedges cooked.
- Serve the chicken with the sauce, potato wedges and corn.
Recipe provided to MyFamilyClub by Newman’s Own