What a colourful medley of cheesy cauliflower, the perfect Winter family dish. Made with Red Storm cheese and baked to perfection. Kids and adults will love this vibrant take on traditional cauliflower cheese. Perfect as a side dish or why not add a bit of pancetta and serve with warm crusty bread and some rocket too.
How many does it serve? 4
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
What you need:
- 100g of each Heritage Cauliflower – Orange & Purple, Romanesco & Tenderstem
- 600ml Whole milk
- 1 small white onion
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Clove
- 4 tbsp flour
- 80g butter
- 200g Red Storm, grated
What you do:
- Carefully Break your brassicas down in to florets before steaming for 10 minutes until just cooked though, once ready drop into Iced water to retain as much colour as possible drain onto a towel and then tip into an ovenproof dish.
- Pre-heat oven to 220C/200C/gas 7.
- Gently heat your milk in a small saucepan, peel your white onion and fix your bay leaf to it using the clove and then add into the milk.
- Place a large saucepan on a gentle heat and add your butter and gently melt, before adding your flour, stir continuously using a wooden spoon and cook the flour and butter for 2 mins little by little start to add the hot milk whisking until while the sauce bubbles and becomes nice and thick.
- Remove from the heat, stir in half of the grated Red Storm cheese and pour over the Brassicas. Scatter over the remaining cheese, place in the oven and bake for 20 mins until bubbling and golden.
Recipe provided to MyFamilyClub by Snowdonia Cheese Company