Celebrate the first sight of Spring with an authentic lamb recipe with an Oriental twist. Wing Yip – the UK’s leading Oriental grocer has created a seasonal recipe with a spicy kick that everyone around the dinner table will love.
Switch up from a traditional Sunday roast and try this Mongolian lamb Stir-Fry, perfect for keen cooks looking to experiment in the kitchen. This stir-fry is sure to set taste-buds tingling, made with a selection of Wing Yip sauces, oils and a touch of chilli to add a Spring kick to the dish – simple to make and quick to rustle up!
With four stores across the UK in Birmingham, Cricklewood, Croydon and Manchester, Wing Yip has everything that’s needed to create authentic and delicious dishes. Whether keen cooks are looking for authentic Oriental ingredients or something that offers an interesting twist to a classic UK recipe, there’s an option for everyone.
How many does it serve? 2-3
What you need:
- 1tbsp Wing Yip Dark Soy Sauce
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1tsp chicken stock powder
- ½tsp light brown sugar
- ½tsp Wing Yip Sesame Oil
- 400g lamb leg, thin strips
- 2tbsp vegetable oil2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1tbsp Mai Siam Sriracha Sauce
- ½ fresh red chilli, sliced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1tsp sesame seeds
What you do:
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl
- Remove any excess fat from the lamb and slice against the grain into medium strips.
- Add the strips of lamb to the marinade and leave to rest for at least 15-20 minutes, or preferably one hour.
- Preheat a wok over a medium-high heat and add the oil. Then add the garlic and lamb and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until sealed. Add the sriracha sauce and any remaining marinade to the wok and cook for a further minute, adding a splash of water if it’s looking a bit dry.
- Serve with rice and garnish with the fresh red chilli, spring onions and sesame seeds.
Recipe provided to MyFamilyClub by [Wing Yip]